A step-by-step guide for analyzing fructose on the Sentia™
To test for fructose on the Sentia you will need to dilute your sample 1:4 (1 part wine: 4 parts fructose buffer).
Equipment and solutions required:
- Sample (wine)
Sentia Fructose Buffer (diluent)*
- 1 x small, clean vial
- 2 x clean micropipette tips
1. Using a micropipette with clean tip, accurately pipette 400µl (your 4-parts) Sentia™ fructose buffer into a clean vial.
2. Dispose of the used tip and replace.
3. Accurately pipette 100 µl (your 1-part) wine sample to same vial.
(Note: some samples may require a pre-degas step if highly carbonated)
4. Dispose of pipette tip.
6. Cap vial and gently shake to mix
7. You now have a diluted wine sample ready to use. (Note: samples can be diluted for up to 30 minutes prior to testing)
8. Dispose of waste wine and buffer solutions down the sink with running water.
* Alternative buffers should NOT be used. Please also refrain from combining buffer solutions from different bottles to avoid changes in the buffer concentration and check expiry dates before use.