A step-by-step guide for analyzing acetic acid on the Sentia™
To test for acetic acid on the Sentia you will need to dilute your sample 1:3 (1 part wine: 3 parts water).
Equipment and solutions required:
- Sample (wine)
Distilled or deionized water (reagent grade)
- 1x small, clean vial
- 2x clean micropipette tips
1. Using a micropipette with clean tip, accurately pipette 300µl (your 3-parts) distilled water into a clean vial.
2. Dispose of the used tip and replace.
3. Accurately pipette 100 µl (your 1-part) wine sample to the same vial
(Note: some samples may require a pre-degas step if highly carbonated)
4. Dispose of pipette tip.
6. Cap vial and gently shake to mix
7. You now have a diluted wine sample ready to use.
8. Dispose of waste wine and buffer solutions down the sink with running water.